Things have been busy around here! I figured it's time for an update...
My parents were in town this past weekend and we had a wonderful visit with them. We spent Saturday night at our house, along with Allie, Jarrett, Kaila, Mia and Rick and Rhonda. When everyone first showed up, Owen was so happy to be surrounded by all his favorite people, yet he didn't quite understand why everyone was there at the same time. He asked, in a very happy voice, "Mommy is it my party??!!!??". We spent the day/evening on Sunday at Allie's house with the same group of people and had yet another good time. Now for some status updates:
Sydney:
What a great baby. She is finally starting to wake up to the world...literally. Up until a week or so ago, she pretty much just slept and ate all day long. She's having much longer periods of wakefulness, and is starting to smile and coo and notice the world around her. When she is awake, she is mostly happy and content, but more so if she is being held. She's sleeping GREAT at night (compared to her brother) - going about 5 or 6 hours at a stretch on average. I'm loving that (although I never seem to take advantage of it, considering the first hour or two that she's asleep is really the only time during the day where I have peace and quiet and can get things done - like reading or blogging!) At bedtime, if she's still awake, I just swaddle her, turn down the lights, turn on the white noise, give her the paci and put her in her bassinet and she's asleep in about 5-10 minutes. At night she wakes up, eats and goes right back to sleep with no fuss. Wonderful!
Owen:
He's still working things out. I don't know if things are improving, or if I'm just getting used to his new behavior. We still deal with tantrums daily. Today we had a great day and I remember thinking to myself how nice it was...but apparently he saved it all up for the evening, when we dealt with tantrums on and off for a couple hours. Luckily Ben was home to help out. Other than the tantrums, he's doing great. Such a good big brother.
Okay, time for bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Francie!! I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well! I'm SO jealous of Sydney's sleep routine and habits, maybe she can teach Cael? I find myself wishing he slept better like Payton did when she was a baby. . . maybe it's a girl thing?
If you find yourself with a free moment (ha, ha, right?!) give me a call. Looking forward to catching up!!
Post a Comment