Saturday, April 19, 2008

Red Feet and Mr. Roboto

A few funny things happened today that I felt I should post. On Friday night I had a "girl's night out" with a couple of friends, and part of our evening included a pedicure. It's been a loooong time since I've had my toenails painted (it's been a long winter, you know!). This morning Owen finished his breakfast and started playing as I was sitting at the table finishing off my bowl of cereal. He was down on the floor playing with something when he shouts "HEY! Mommy has red feet!!" He was really interested in my 'red feet' and had to take off his socks to see if his feet were red too. He kept inspecting my toes and also had to check to see if Daddy's feet were red. Pretty funny.

Later on we went to Kohl's (Owen cried and shouted "Noooo I don't want to go to Kohl's" when we mentioned that that was where we were headed because he hates it there!) because Ben needed shoes and Owen needed new PJs. At one point I became one of those frantic Mom's scouring the aisles for my son and shouting his name because he got away from me as I was searching for a PJ set in his size (he is so fast - and Ben was in the shoe dept at the time). One of the employees stopped me and asked if I needed help and called in a 'code' something or other to her headset....and quickly there were a bunch of employees all helping me search for Owen, who was found two aisles over happily playing with a pile of stuffed animals. The whole ordeal only lasted all of two minutes, but it was long enough to scare me and try and explain to Owen how important it is that he stay by Mommy. His reply was to hold up one of the stuffed animals and say "Bear wants to talk to you Mommy". Oh well...if anyone learned anything it was me! Anyway, if you are a Mom (and are still reading this long post), Ben and I later discovered a GREAT thing to keep Owen occupied during the remainder of our visit to Kohl's that you might want to keep in mind. We found one of those greeting cards that plays music. This particular card played "Mr. Roboto" and Owen was beside himself. He'd open the card and get this huge grin when the music started and he'd slowly start dancing. We let him carry the card with him, so there we were with our 2 year old, walking down the aisles as he's opening and closing the "Mr. Roboto" card. We got our shopping done and as Ben was loading him into the car he said "See, Kohl's wasn't so bad, was it?" Owen replied "Kohl's wasn't so bad daddy". Ha!

1 comment:

Katie said...

i HATE when they run off!!! don't they understand STOP? :)