Saturday, April 28, 2012
Goodbye Paci.....Goodbye Naps???
I just love this picture. Sydney LOVES her sleep. Do you notice anything missing?? Her paci!! I had been dreading the last final transition from baby to "big girl." Ben and I kept on putting off taking away the paci, and I went over many plans of how I was going to do it. In the end, it was seriously a piece of cake. I should not be surprised, because Sydney is such a go with the flow kind of gal. I just started telling her she didn't really need it anymore - that she was bigger now and that they are for babies. One day at nap time she asked for it and I just said, "nah, you don't really need that. Sleep good!" and walked away. I was amazed that she went right to sleep. The next couple of nights she kept asking for it, and I kept doing the same thing. She barely put up a fuss those first two nights, and by night three, she didn't even ask! Done!
The only downfall is that it takes her a lot longer to put herself to sleep now. At bedtime it's no biggie. She has taken to just grabbing some books and "reading" in bed, singing, etc. until she just dozes off. At naptime, since we have a limited time, it has really shortened her naps, and now it's gotten to where she naps about every other day. I am soooo not ready for this. An afternoon nap has been part of my routine for the past 6 years...I schedule my days around it, get my work done during it, and gain some of my sanity when the house is quiet. I am definitely not giving up on her yet! We'll see how it goes. I'm especially concerned as summer is coming up and big brother will be home and will not be napping....It will be interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment