Saturday, April 28, 2012
Garden
So here goes my second attempt at gardening this summer. Last year, I'd give myself a C+. I'm hoping to do better this year. And it's not like my garden is all that big, so really, I should be able to figure this out! My Grandma Helen had such a green thumb and I'm so sad that that gene did not make it's way down to me...
Sydney helped me prep and plant the garden this year.
Last year I went overboard on the marigolds and tomatoes, so I toned those down this year. I decided to plant one Roma tomato plant, and one cherry tomato plant (also decided not to start from seeds this year). I've also got two green pepper plants, two strawberry plants, and two sets of green beans planted (well..these I did use seeds for). So far so good. Everything is in good shape with the exception of my strawberries. I can't figure out if birds are getting in there and eating the leaves, or if it is the bunnies. If it is the bunnies, they are leaving everything else alone. I planted two strawberry plants in pots this year too, thinking that this might happen. We'll see... Anyway, here is Sydney proudly displaying our finished garden!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment