The title of this post refers to what I talk about with my children, probably more than anything, on any given day these days.
Okay, so that may be stretching the truth a bit (speaking kindly gets talked about alot), but it certainly seems that way.
Owen is extremely interested (I almost typed obsessed) in all things Lego Ninjago. It is all thanks to some of his buddies from pre-school, but wherever he heard about it, it's on the forefront of his mind most of the time. He's worked hard to "earn" his first Ninja (Kai, the red one....oh yes, we know all their names along with their bios - Kai happens to be the ninja of fire). Tonight I caught him lying in bed just gazing at the little booklet that comes with the set. When his buddy Grant comes over, they "play Ninjas". I asked the other day if they wanted to work on a puzzle together or play Uno Moo and Owen scoffed at me, "No Mom, we're playing Ninjas".
Sydney has discovered Owen's Mickey Mouse CD. It's a CD that has Mickey, Minnie and Goofy singing songs using Owen's name throughout (a gift from Allie a couple Christmases ago). She refers to Mickey Mouse as "Hot Dog" (if you've seen Mickey Mouse Clubhouse where they do the Hot Dog Dance, you will understand why). Now anytime we get in the car, I had better get Hot Dog going or I am in trouble! It goes something like this...
(smiling) "hot dog!"
(still smiling as I fumble with my keys) "mommy - hot dog!"
(getting agitated now) "Hot Dog"
"HOT DOG"
"MOMMY HOT DOG HOT DOG MOMMY"
My favorite new thing Sydney is doing is recruiting people to come play with her. She brings her Little People Fairy Treehouse into the kitchen as I'm cooking and says "Mommy, sit down....Mommy Sit Down....Mommy sit down!" trying to get me to play. How can you resist!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the "hot dog" story has me cracking up!! I can only imagine!
Post a Comment