Saturday, October 23, 2010

Animal Lover

Sydney LOVES animals. Cats are her #1 favorite, followed closely by dogs and horses. But really, you put any furry four-legged creature in front of her and she lights up. Here are a few quick stories that prove just how much she loves them:

- We were driving out in the country the other day and saw some horses up close to the fence by our car. I stopped, rolled down the window, and let the kids take a moment to say hi. Sydney was happily neighing at them when I finally pulled away. She immediately broke into tears and made us very aware that she was NOT done talking to the horses.

- Our dog Simon gets a chew (a bone thing) about once a day, usually when I need to get him out of the house quickly or at dinner time. Sydney has apparently observed this and finally decided it was a fun thing to do. She discovered how to open the pantry door, find the box of chews, open the box and hand a chew to Simon. And then another one. And then another. And another. She did this a few days in a row until I finally had the bright idea to move the box up high. She got very upset when I told her the dog can only have one chew at a time. Poor Simon was upset when this ended as well.

- Yesterday something got Sydney very upset (don't remember what it was). She was hysterically crying and throwing a good-size fit. I picked her up in an effort to calm her but nothing was working. Atticus quickly ran into view and she immediately stopped crying, pointed at him and said her usual "mew" (she says this EVERY time she sees him, and is always very excited even though we see him mulitple times a day). That was enough to stop the fit and calm her down. It literally went like this: "WAAAAAH WAAAAAH WAAAAH...mew" I'll have to remember this the next time she's upset!

1 comment:

Sara said...

SO funny! I LOVE the kitty story :)

I had to put a baby lock on the cabinet with the dog food not too long ago... Cael loved grabbing treaters for our dogs, too!

Cael met a horse up close and personal yesterday, but I have to admit he was a bit intimidated and got nervous as it approached us at the fence, and then again when it stuck it's nose right up to Cael's face to check him out. THEN when the horse eventually walked away Cael got brave and wanted to stand at the fence to watch and "talk" to it.