Monday, February 14, 2011

Why I Blog

There are alot of things that I wish I did better as a Mother. I wish I had more patience for play-doh and crafts. I wish my house was always clean, my kids were always well behaved, and my temper never reared it's ugly head. I wish I was the kind of mom that sits down and creates beautiful scrapbooks capturing memories. Or at least had prints of pictures made and put nicely into an organized photo album.

But I'm not. I blog. It started a little over 3 years ago when a couple of my girlfriends talked me into it, and I was immediately hooked. A bit later another friend told me about Blurb.com, where they will "slurp" the contents of your blog and put it into a full color printed, bound, hardcover book. That was the kicker for me. I decided I never need to feel guilty again about the non-existent scrapbooks and photo albums. The clean house, and the play-doh.....yes, there is still some guilt there. But when my Blurb book got delivered to my door step last week, I felt what I think us Moms rarely allow ourselves to feel - Proud (with a capital P).

Hopefully one day my kids will be grateful for it, and if they're not, I am!!




4 comments:

Katie said...

YAY!!!!
isn't it so great to have it? so proud of you :)

Sarah Guild said...

Oh, it looks so good! And, so does your hair :+)

Kathie said...

I've been wanting to make a book out of our blog too! Your book looks amazing and you just motivated me to make mine sooner rather than later. Did you get 2 books made (one for each kid). I hadn't thought about that until I saw the pics on your blog. :)

nancy and eric schwartz said...

WOW Francie, is looks beautiful! Great job!
p.s...or an extra copy for keepsake ;)