Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm still here...

Wow, it's been over a month since my last post. Where has the time gone? I was just texting with my sister about being in a blog-rut so I decided to dig out and publish a new post! I think the reasons for my rut are as follows:

1) I just ordered my Blurb book with TWO YEARS worth of blog entries. I'm so excited for it to get here. Should be here any day now. I spent a LOT of time editing it, laying it out, etc. so I was on blog overload.

2) Things over at Allison Powell Designs have been a bit busy! This is also exciting news. Kristy and I have been at it for just about a year now and it's nice to see our efforts come to fruition! We just hit our 100th sale on Etsy on Monday and agreed that we need to go have a drink to celebrate. When this will happen, I don't know, but it will! Thanks to all our friends and family who have been supporting us. It's been fun and I look forward to what the next year will bring! We just had our picture taken for our website so here is a preview for you:




So - on to this post. It is winter. It is cold. It keeps snowing. We are in the thick of it. This is easily my least favorite time of year, and I remember in the past literally counting down the days until Spring, and feeling just generally less than 100% on the happy-meter. This year, for whatever reason, it's different. I'm not counting down the days, in fact I feel like it's going by really fast. I love that we have this routine in the evenings where we eat dinner together, then put on the iPod, start a fire, and just hang out. If that doesn't happen on a given night, Sydney will walk around going "I-uun sooong. I-uun hot." ("I want song. I want hot." Hot is her word for fire, which is how we all refer to it now). Owen is usually deeply involved in a light saber battle, either with Ben or with an imaginary enemy. It's just nice. Before I know it, it will be summer and Owen will be out playing with his buddies until bedtime. Don't get me wrong, I'm very much looking forward to Spring/Summer and all the fun that comes with it, but I'm happy that I've learned to appreciate the winter for what it brings as well!

As for pictures, I must be in a bit of a rut with those as well. Here are a couple from one of our last few snow days. I love it that Kaila and Mia want to come hang out over here when school is canceled! Owen and Sydney do too....






And finally this one just because it's cute:

1 comment:

Sarah Guild said...

Love the photo of you two!!