Monday, December 6, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...

Here is our classic shot of Sydney's first experience sitting on Santa's lap. She was not a fan!


This fella has learned Santa's not so bad.


Owen's letter to Santa (transcribed by his teacher). I find this humorous because NOT ONE of these items has he ever mentioned wanting to me before (well...maybe the lego guys). I think this is a great example of hearing all the cool things your schoolmates are asking for and deciding you need them too!



Ben insisted that this year we put up a real tree. I decided to give it a shot, coming from a fake tree family, so off we went to the tree farm (on a VERY cold morning). So far, I'm loving it. I'll give you a status update after all is said and done, but right now I might even go as far as saying I'm fully converted.

Owen picked it out for us...


Sydney was very helpful with the ornaments.


All done!


As Sydney would say, "pi-tee pi-tee" (pretty lights)


Watching the fire with Daddy


And finally, here are a few shots from our Thanksgiving weekend that didn't make it on my original post...

Having a light saber duel with Papa Jim (note the arms up - that is Owen "putting the force on" Papa Jim). Also note my mom "putting the force on" the dog! Ha!



Sydney enjoying a candy cane from Baba


One the way to Nana and Poppy's for Thanksgiving


Snuggling with Aunt Christy and Nana

2 comments:

nancy and eric schwartz said...

love the santa pics francie!

PLS said...

haha - I do wish we lived closer! I think Aiden & Owen would have a BLAST having light saber battles together. Good to know that it's not just my crazy kid! Aiden is just getting into the Star Wars legos too...they trade them at school. I think we have pretty much paid off George Lucas' mortgage by now! lol