We got back yesterday from our 5 day adventure in Disneyworld, and we truly had a magical time! I'm suffering from a bit of post-vacation depression as I type this post... While we were there, things were happening really fast. We were so busy trying to get from point A to point B and making sure we saw this attraction, rode that ride, made it in time for a certain parade, etc. The magic was happening before our eyes while we barely had time to blink! Now, in hindsight, I look back and think of all the fun things we did, all the great things we saw, and the magic in the kids eyes, and I'm truly grateful that we had this experience! Yes, it was really hot, yes it was incredibly crowded, yes, there were temper tantrums and whining (from the kids too), but in between all that, we shared some great moments and made memories that we'll laugh together about years from now.
We went with my Mom, my sister and her family, and her mother-in-law Carol. Here's the run down of what we did (as usual, probably more details than necessary so feel free to skip right to the pictures below!).
THURSDAY: Wake at 5am and leave for a 7:30 plane ride. Arrive, check in, eat lunch, check out the pool, head to Magic Kingdom (Adventureland and Fantasyland). See a parade, ride lots of rides, head back around 7 or 8 for early bed time.
FRIDAY: Wake and head straight to Magic Kingdom again for the opening ceremony. See Tiana, ride rides (Tomorrowland, Fantasyland), lunch in Cinderella's Castle with all the princesses, then run down to see Princess Jasmine where Owen gets his first kiss from a princess! More time in Adventureland, then to Main Street for the parade. Home for naps/swimming. Back out to Downtown Disney for dinner at T-Rex.
SATURDAY: Epcot in the morning (Spacehip Earth, Test Track, Nemo), back to hotel for naps, back to Epcot for dinner in Norway (with more princesses) and a few more rides (Maelstrom, Soarin). Monorail to Magic Kingdom for the Electrical Light Parade.
SUNDAY: Animal Kingdom in the morning. Safari, Rapids (SOAKING wet), lunch DINOSAUR (super scary!), Expedition Everest for the grown-ups. Home for naps. Dinner at the resort (Shutters). Back to Magic Kingdom for the extended evening (really crowded night!). Ride Buzz again, barnstormer, see Mickey/Minnie's house in Toontown, ride Pooh, watch Philharmagic (Owen LOVED this), then watch Wishes, the fireworks show.
MONDAY: Hollywood Studios. Backlot tour, little mermaid, muppets show, honey I shrunk the kids playground, lunch at Hollywood and Vine Diner with the Playhouse Disney characters (a surprise for us!) then over to Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, and then head over to watch Block Party Bash. Home for naps. RAIN, order pizza, visit with Tony and Julie Marek, and then to bed (though Allie and I stayed up with Owen, Kaila and Mia to watch Camp Rock).
TUESDAY: Travel home :(
Here are the pictures! Almost 200....sorry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Welcome home!
Excellent pics. I did look at them all, btw. :) It looks SO fun! And I LOVE Owen with Jasmine.
Wow, looks like you guys had a lot of fun! You saw so many princesses!! I love Owen's face, getting tired of posing with them and the Jasmine pics are cute. The one of Owen "trying to make sense of what happened" is so sweet! Looks like Sydney had fun, too! And I think it's priceless that Jarrett got peed on at the parade ;)
Look like so much fun! It just goes by too fast! Too funny that Jarrett got peed on! What a wonderful finale to the parade!
Post a Comment