Friday, March 12, 2010

"Hey Little Two Year Old"

We were in a waiting room today with a bunch of little kids of all different ages, waiting for Owen's turn for his pre-K screening. Sydney was sitting on the floor playing with blocks when a little boy came along saying "baby! baby!" and starting to get physical with her, patting her, pushing at her, and finally pushing her over completely. I went and just moved her away quickly so he'd leave her alone, but he came right up to her again and knocked her over pretty hard. (His parents were oblivious to this.) Owen witnessed this and wouldn't stand for it. He walked right up to this boy and in his tough guy voice said,

"Hey little two year old, don't be pushing over my baby!"

The boy probably was right around two. It was Owen's first true display of protecting his little sister. I thought it was pretty cute/funny/sweet!

3 comments:

Katie said...

good for owen! love it!

Rhonda said...

That is not funny! He is a TRUE SUPERHERO! (although I laughed out loud when I read it)

Sara said...

What a good big brother! That protective instinct sure kicks in early doesn't it?! Hopefully he won't have to do much protecting down the road, but sounds like Sydney's in good hands! :)