Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's....

Ben rented Superman for Owen last weekend and Owen has been fascinated by him. I've had to field tons of questions throughout the week at random times, like driving in the car, walking on the trail or eating lunch. "Why did the planet explode Mommy? What is kryptonite? Why did those bad guys try to hurt Superman?" All very difficult concepts to explain to a 3 and a half year old (which makes me question if it was really okay to show him this movie at this age, but Ben thinks it's perfectly fine, so I decided to just go with it...). He's been interested in role play - "Mommy...Sydney be Lois Lane and I be Superman, Okay?"

Last night Ben and I were talking and Owen went to the bathroom to go potty. He ran out in his shirt and just his undies, arms in front of him (like Superman when he flies) and ran back and forth through our kitchen/family room. I said, "Are you being Superman?" He replied, "No....I'm OWEN UNDIE MAN!!!!" and continued to fly around the house. Love it.