When it comes to sleep, in my experience you can at some times get past the frustration, and past the exhaustion to a point where all you can do is laugh at the situation. Last night was one of those nights. Here is a timeline of what went on in my household last night:
- 8:00pm - both kids in bed..aaaahhhhh
- 10:30-11pm - Ben and I go to sleep (I know, we should have not stayed up so late, but we decided to live on the edge and actually watch a movie together).
- 12:00am - Sydney wakes. I pop the paci back in, prop her back on her side and she drifts back to sleep.
- 1:30am - Sydney wakes again. I feed her this time and she goes back to sleep.
- 2:15am - Owen deliriously marches into our room and attempts to climb into bed. Ben escorts him back to his room where Owen asks for a cookie. Ben says no and Owen throws a fit. At 2 in the morning. Ben calms him down, takes him potty and gets him back to bed. When Ben comes back to our room, I tell him he should go sleep in the guest bedroom because I'm WIDE awake and will most likely be tossing and turning.
- 2:30-3:00am - Ben is in and out of Owen's room 2-3 more times. He lost count. During this time I hear a commotion downstairs.
- 3:00am - Atticus (our cat) proudly strolls into my room. Atticus is normally locked in the basement at night, and has been for probably 2 years now. A while ago we decided that it was worth it to keep one less creature from being able to crawl in our bed at night - hence the locking in the basement. He got out the night before but I thought it was a fluke....this time I realize that the cat has just plain figured out how to unlock his cat door.
- 3:17am - Still WIDE awake and thinking how funny it would be to blog this. Get out my notepad and start to take notes about the evening thus far. Atticus is still on the bed, purring and bathing himself (Atticus is a BIG cat, so when he bathes himself, the bed shakes). All the while, for some reason I have the latest Miley Cyrus song stuck in my head - "And the Jay-Z song was oooon....and the Jay-Z song was oooo-oooon". A fun song and all, but definitely NOT at 3 in the morning.
- 3:41am - have put the notes away and am trying to lull myself back to sleep...just leaned over to check the clock. Yep, still awake. Atticus done with the bath and fast asleep at the foot of the bed.
- 5:30am - Sydney wakes up and I go feed her.
- Somewhere around 6 am - Atticus starts meowing so Ben puts him back in the basement and locks the cat door.
- 5 minutes later - Atticus back upstairs meowing some more. I hear Ben mumbling, most likely some curse words (he's still in the guest bed) as he grabs the cat and brings him in the guest room and shuts the door (nicely trying to keep Atticus from more meowing and waking the kids).
- 6:10am - Sydney wakes and I go do the paci again and put her back on her side and she goes back to sleep.
- 7:11am - Owen yells out for Mommy, and he's ready to start the day!
Ahh yes, another fun filled evening in the Powell house. I'm laughing...anything else would be too depressing at this point!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh, Francie! I am laughing, too- but its that pity, sad, really?!?, no-way, oh-no, so sorry kind of laugh... I keep telling myself over here: things WILL change, things WILL change, things WILL change... I hope the laughs can tide you over until things really DO change!
thanks for sharing your reality-- it will most likely help keep my craziness in perspective.. and is definitely reminding me to laugh!
Oh man! That is seriously not fun. It is after those ridiculous nights that Jamie always says, "we have to get something figured out. This idea isn't working!" What idea? Do you think that it is my idea that our children awaken? The topper had to be the cat's new found ability to unlock the basement door?!?
So funny!! And Atticus was the icing on the cake!! I sure hope you can get what sounds like some much needed rest! I'm glad you can keep laughing. . .
Post a Comment