Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I did it!

Yesterday was my first day alone with both kids, and I have to admit, I was really nervous about how I would handle it. Well...I did it!! :) Everyone managed to get fed (even the dog and cat) and no one got injured.

I had to take Sydney to the doctor for a weight check (she now weighs 7lbs 4oz, which is GREAT considering she was down to 6lbs 11oz last Wednesday), and I did that with Owen in tow, and in the POURING rain. While we were waiting for the doctor (Sydney was down to her diaper), of course Owen had to go #2, and I managed that as well! These are the little things that had stressed me out - just the logistics of how it would all work. Piece of cake!

By the afternoon I was feeling so confident in my abilities that I loaded both kids up in my new Sit N' Stand stroller (which I love!) and took them out for a stroll to the playground at the school behind our house. I got to push Owen on the swings while Sydney chilled in the stroller taking in the sights and sounds (luckily it was an overcast, relatively cool day).

I'm sure there will be rough times ahead, but it's just nice to know that my first day alone as a mother of two was a complete success!

4 comments:

Sarah Guild said...

I think the anticipation is often more stress-inducing than the actual thing... it only gets better as they get older :+)

sandra mae said...

YEAH! what a great feeling-- we have one of those caboose (sit and stand) strollers, too. obviously, we have yet to use it with 2 kids... but I LOVE that jason can just hop on or off. makes my life SO much easier!

Sara said...

Congrats! :) Feels good, huh?! Every day I get a little more confident. Though you're making strides much faster than I am! I took Payton & Cael out in our sit-to-stand for the first time just the other day. . . and I'm venturing out alone for the first time w/both to the doctor to get Cael recasted tomorrow. Payton can be so unpredictable at times that it stresses me to think of having to keep up w/her!

Emily said...

Congrats!! Congrats!! Congrats!! That is, indeed, a milestone!!