Sunday, April 19, 2009

I smell trouble!

Last night was a dreary evening, and Owen was a bit overtired from a late night with his cousin Kaila the night before (they were passing through on their way to Indy and we stayed out later than usual playing with all the neighborhood kiddos). I came up with what I thought was a great idea to get us out of the house and to kill some time - a family trip to Babies R Us for a few new baby supplies! Unfortunately both Owen and Daddy did not share my enthusiasm. Here is how our conversation went:

Me: Owen, do you want to go to the baby store with me?
Owen: I can't go to that store because I smell trouble!

Truer words have never been spoken! :) Needless to say, I ventured to Babies R Us by myself (and came home empty-handed....why can I not find a decent baby book anywhere??).

2 comments:

Sara said...

Owen is so clever! :)

I'm sure Payton would mimic his sentiments exactly if she could. I think she knows something's up, but instead of being cute, she's been acting out more in the last couple of weeks.

Sarah Guild said...

Oh man... that is great. Thanks for sharing!