Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Snow Jeep

I'd really love to know what a 'Snow Jeep' is in Owen's mind. Ever since our Wisconsin trip he has been talking about Snow Jeeps (seriously, I have no idea where he came up with that or when it started). The problem is that whatever a Snow Jeep is, Owen is afraid of it! For a few days he'd be off in another room playing and he'd run over to me, legitimately scared, saying "Mommy hold me...the snow jeep is coming". This was strange to me because I've never really seen him actually scared of something. It would get to where he didn't want to be put down or have me leave the room. I'd have to sit and talk with him about the Snow Jeep and that it only came in the Winter (right?) and since it was Summer, he was fine. Plus, Snow Jeeps don't come in the house (right?). He'd finally calm down...but over the course of a few days we talked about the Snow Jeep more times than I could count. It was kind of sweet b/c after a few times of telling him not to worry about the Snow Jeep, he'd run over to me and say "Mommy, I'm worried about the Snow Jeep right now". Poor kiddo. He's gone a few days now without any of this going on, however, today I caught him playing with his teddy bear and telling it "don't worry teddy, it's just a snow jeep". While it makes me sad when he's scared, it's also neat that he's entering that phase of really imaginative play.

Just another note, speaking of imaginative play, his favorite game to play when Daddy gets home is the Giant game...where one of us pretends to be a giant and chases the others around the house (again, I couldn't tell you when/where/how this game originated). Owen has started taking on the role of the giant and it is hilarious to hear him lower his voice and stomp around going "Fee Fi Fo Fum". Ha! I'll try and capture it on video.

No comments: