On Friday, Owen and I, along with his Grandma and Grandpa Powell (Nana and Poppy), went to Eckert's for breakfast with the Easter Bunny. Owen was very interested in the bunny, but quickly forgot about him when the food came! They had all sorts of fun things to do after breakfast, like planting a seed, playing with live bunnies and chicks, and decorating a cookie. His favorite activity was probably the time he spent 'driving' one of the old trucks they have on display (this was not part of the event that day, just another example of how kids make their own fun). We signed him up for an Easter Egg Hunt there too, but by the time it started, Owen was not interested in heading over for that at all. He was having too much fun playing on tricycles and in the big Eckert's apple (see the pictures if you don't know what I'm talking about). We eventually coaxed him over to the hunt, but the eggs were all gone by the time we got there. One of the volunteers was nice enough to have a dozen or so eggs dropped near him so that he could go 'find' some of his own. It was a good time spent with Nana and Poppy!
Later on that day, Ben and I took Owen and Simon to the park. Simon went for a dip in the lake while Owen threw some rocks. Later I was pushing Owen on a baby swing when a 'big boy' came and got on a big boy swing. Owen was awestruck by this big boy for whatever reason. I think the boy was milking it as he started doing all sorts of stunts on the swing since he knew he had an audience. Owen was asking me about the boy, and I cracked up when he asked me out of nowhere "Is he Harry Potter?" (we have the Harry Potter books and Owen has seen some short clips of one of the movies, so he kind of knows who Harry Potter is). Soo funny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment