Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fun Saturday

This Saturday, Ben, Owen and I went to the City Museum in St. Louis for the first time. What a cool place to have so near by! Owen had a blast, and so did we. Whoever designed the museum (and it's really not like any museum I've ever been to) certainly had a vivid imagination as a child, as well as a very adventurous spirit. The whole time we were there Ben and I kept saying how cool it was and how we wished we could have had a place like this to play as a child. We can't wait until Owen is a bit older to bring him back - when he can really climb and explore all the secret passageways and tunnels, etc. If you've never been, I highly recommend it! Here are a few pictures of Owen enjoying his time there:



After we got home, and Owen had a nap we decided to get Simon (our chocolate lab for anyone who is reading this and doesn't know who that is) and head to the field behind our house. This is a favorite activity of Owen's (and the dog), which he hasn't been able to partake in recently due to the weather. Both Owen and Simon were extremely happy and grateful to be taken outside. Simon ran straight for the storm resevoir (which was overflowing due to all the rain lately) and took a nice muddy dip. I have to say, even though it's a big mess, it's still fun to see Simon loving life as he dashes through the water. He wasn't the only one attracted to the mud. Owen went straight to some mud and wanted to run. He then tried to recruit Ben to join him - "Daddy run in mud too? Daddy get his shoes dirty? ..... Please?" What is it with boys?? :)

1 comment:

Karthik.H said...

Cute kid! You guys make a great couple! And a nice blog :)